Pages

Thursday 5 December 2019

pepeha

hello and welcome to my blog today I will be showing you my pepeha so here it is

My name is Nico I am 9  years old and I go to wesley primary school in New Zealand my teacher is mr vega but his first name is santi he is a really akward teacher I am Samoan, Niuean, and cook island my birthday is on the 16th of December and  I was born on December the 16th 2009 the island I´m from in the cook islands is mangaia I would really want me and my family can go to visit the cook islands when I grow up I would want to be a doctor because I can get a lot of money to give to the poor and also just to help others in need but when I´m a teen I would want to be a Dj because I love music and I love music because my mum and dad would always show me really cool songs like old in day songs and others but I love remixes because My dad used to be a Dj until he met my mum but his best friend Dj smooth still sends him remixes so that’s why I what to be a Dj when im a teen.

1 comment:

  1. Mōrena Nico, I hope you are having a good day!

    My name is Eliza and I’m working as a blog commenter on the Summer Learning Journey this summer. Have you done the Summer Learning Journey before? I’m looking forward to reading your posts and the other bloggers' posts from the Ako Hiko cluster, over the next few weeks! If you want to know more about me, you can check out my blog.

    First of all, thank you so much for sharing your pepeha! It’s a really special thing to read to get to know someone and their background a little better. I liked how unique yours is - you have gone into depth about where you and your family are from and what you’d like to do when you’re older - that's really cool! I love music too and enjoy going to see DJ’s. If you were to do it again, would you add anything else?

    I did my pepeha a few months ago and I enjoyed doing it as It made me think about my family, my home, and my background, although I am still trying to learn it off by heart! Here it is:

    Ko Mount Iron te maunga
    (Mount Iron is my mountain)
    Ko Cheltenham te awa
    (Cheltenham is my river/water)
    Nō Tāmaki Makaurau ahau
    (Auckland is my town/city/country)
    Ko Eliza tōku ingoa
    (Eliza is my first name)

    I hope that you will keep blogging with us over the summer. Keep working on the teaser week activities and on the 16th of December you can start the Week 1 activities.

    Thanks for your awesome post, have a great rest of your day!

    Eliza :)

    ReplyDelete